Since they’re cheap and come in bulk, we tend to waste a lot of vegetables and herbs in the kitchen. If you’d prefer to cut down on that a bit, a few kitchen staples are dead simple to regrow and don’t need a full blown garden. In fact, these ones don’t even require dirt.
We wondered: Could we scrape a decently massive dataset, and produce something that the average Jane could love?
Veggie Wrap with Argan Oil Chilli Sauce
What to have for lunch that doesn’t immediately put you in a food coma?? Try this light, yet delicious veggie wrap!
Makes 8 rolls (16 wraps)
- 8 Pieces of Rice paper
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of argan oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt & red pepper flakes to taste
1. Slice all vegetables vertically into thin, long pieces (julienne style)
2. Dip each piece of rice paper in warm water for a few seconds and then place on a plate.
3. Add desired amount of vegetables into center of each piece of rice paper and wrap burrito style.
4. Cut each wrap in half for serving.
5. For the dipping sauce, combine the maple syrup, argan oil, soy sauce, salt and red pepper flakes in a small bowl and stir.
Let us know what you think!
100 kitchen tips from the best chefs in the country via Food Network Magazine.
Veggie Pesto Pasta
A great meal for when you need some comfort food that’s both healthy and flavorful.
- 2 servings of pasta (we used spaghetti, but use anything you like)
- 2 sliced portabello mushrooms
- 1 sliced green bell pepper
- 1 small sliced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- Handful of spinach
- 1/2 sliced onion
- 1/2 cup red tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons organic argan oil
- Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- Fill pot with water and start to boil, add salt and 1 tablespoon of argan oil.
- Once boiling add pasta and boil for approximately 10 minutes or till done.
- In a sauce pan, add another tablespoon of argan oil and set on stove over medium-high heat.
- Sautee mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, spinach, and zucchini in pan - add salt and pepper as needed.
- Once pasta is finished remove from water into separate bowl. Add pesto and mix thoroughly.
- Heat up tomato sauce and place on plate first. Add pasta/pesto mix on bed of sauce. Top off with the sauteed vegetables.
Goes great with garlic bread sticks and a glass of red wine. Enjoy!
Old Fashioned Steak & Potatoes
Try this simple steak and potatoes recipe for a hearty, filling dinner.
- New York strip steak
- 1 large russet potato
- 2 tablespoons argan oil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Clean and scrub potato and then dice into medium size pieces.
- Fill a pot with water and add potatoes (should be submerged by 1 inch).
- Boil potatoes in water for approximately 15 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Marinate steak with kosher salt and ground pepper as desired.
- Heat skillet on stove until hot, add 1 tablespoon of argan oil.
- Sear steak on both sides for approximately 3 minutes each.
- Place boiled potatoes into the bottom of a pyrex bowl, mix with remaining argan oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place seared steak on top of bed of potatoes and put in oven to finish for approximately 30 minutes.
- Pull out of oven and enjoy!